- Victory belongs to the most persevering.
- Nothing is more difficult, and therefore
more precious, than to be able to decide.
- The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.
- A leader is a dealer in hope.
- The greatest danger occurs at the moment
- He who fears being conquered is sure of
- There are but two powers in the world, the
sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the
- Courage isn't having the strength to go on
- it is going on when you don't have strength.
- In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.
- Take time to deliberate, but when the time
for action comes, stop thinking and go in.
- Never ascribe to malice that which can
adequately be explained by incompetence.
- You don't reason with intellectuals. You
- The only victories which leave no regret
are those which are gained over ignorance.
- The truest wisdom is a resolute
- The best way to keep one's word is not to
- A woman laughing is a woman
- The battlefield is a scene of constant
chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that
chaos, both his own and the enemies.
- Ten people who speak make more noise than
ten thousand who are silent.
- Throw off your worries when you throw off
your clothes at night.
- If you wish to be a success in the world,
promise everything, deliver nothing.
- Circumstances-what are circumstances? I
- Never tell your enemy he is doing the
- I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion.
The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or
- There are only two forces that unite men -
fear and interest.
- Men are more easily governed through their
vices than through their virtues.
- The only victory over love is flight.
- The first virtue in a soldier is endurance
of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue.
- The world suffers a lot. Not because of the
violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.
- Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is
- A true man hates no one.
- There is a joy in danger.
- A revolution is an idea, taken up by
- Put your iron hand in a velvet
- What is history but a fable agreed
- War is the business of
- To understand the man you have to know
what was happening in the world when he was twenty.
- I am surrounded by priests who repeat
incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay
hands on everything they can get.
- Ordinarily men exercise their memory much
more than their judgment.
- We frustrate many designs against us by
pretending not to see them.
- There are so many laws that no one is safe
- Never depend on the multitude, full of
instability and whims; always take precautions against it.
- It's the unconquerable soul of man, and
not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory.