- Thomas Edison, who invented the lightbulb, was afraid
of the dark.
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F, which
is also the same key as a telephone dial tone.
- A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 68
years, from 1922-1990. They started after a 300-pound hog fell on top
of him while he was getting ready to slaughter it. The hiccups stopped
when he was 96, about a year before he died.
- In an average lifetime the average American receives
31 prank phone calls.
- Olive oil can be used as a hair conditioner.
- What does a soldier keep in a frog? His bayonet
- The first bar of chocolate was produced by Cadbury in
England in 1842.
- Coca-cola has never been patented because to do that
they would have to reveal the formula.
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in
the early 1900s.
- What planet has 1,600 volcanoes? Venus
- Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
- In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a
- Damaged bills that are torn in half are still legal
tender. They can be taken to a bank to be replaced.
- All cows are female. Male "cows" are called bulls.
- At least 9 million other people in the world have the
same birthday as you.
- In Disney's Fantasia, the Sorcerer name is Yensid
which is Disney backwards.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked
by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- What is the dot over the letter 'i' called? A tittle.
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- Elvis had a twin brother named Garon, who died at
birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron; in honor of
- If you keep certain types of a Goldfish in the dark
room, they will eventually turn white.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- It is impossible for most people to lick their own
- Like with fingerprints, everybody has a different
- What is Epcot an acronym for? Experimental Prototype
Community of Tomorrow.
- There are a lot more chickens than people in the
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- Who is the Greek god of music? Apollo
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- The word Christmas is Old English, a contraction of
- What country owns the island of Bermuda? Great Britain
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin
during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!.
- Charlie Brown's dad was a barber.
- The mask used by Michael Myers in the original
Halloween movie was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- Where were orange trees first grown? China
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without
repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real
money printed throughout the world.
- The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy
dog." uses every letter in the alphabet.
- What singer recorded an album named "The IRS Tapes;
Who'll Buy My Memories" to help pay his $16.7 million tax bill? Willie
- Snakes can't blink.
- What singer's birthday (February 6th) is a national
holiday in Jamaica? Bob Marley
- Frank and Ethel Mars introduced the Snickers bar in
1929. They named it after their family's horse.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by
eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- Espresso has significantly less caffeine per ounce
than regular coffee.
- The full name for the City of Los Angeles' is "El
Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone!.
- What is Laser an acronym for? Light Amplification by
Stimulated Emissions of Radiation
- Pearls melt in vinegar.
- A shrimp's heart is in its head.
- There are 1200 varieties of Watermelon.
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- Some lipstick contains fish scales.
- What is Radar an acronym for? Radio Detection And
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck
- One kilogram of roasted coffee requires 4,000 - 5,000
- The dot over the lower case i is called a Tittle.
- Maine is the toothpick capital of the world.
- The starfish is one of the only animals who can turn
it's stomach inside-out.
- Women's hearts beat faster than male hearts.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- What is Scuba an acronym for? Self Contained
Underwater Breathing Apparatus
- Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
- Your heart beats with enough strength to shoot blood
a distance of 30 feet.
- Which land did Puff The Magic Dragon live in? Honalee
- Los Angeles used to be known as "El Pueblo de Nuestra
Senora la Reina de los Angeles".
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman
- Lizzie Borden was acquitted.
- Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep
him cool. He changed it every 2 innings.
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up
Frank Baum (the author of the book) looked at his filing cabinet and
saw A-N, and O-Z.
- The United States is actually a "republic", not a
"democracy", because people elect representatives to cast their votes
in our best interest.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one
- Which element on the periodic table has the shortest
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a
"Friday the 13th."
- When did the The Grand Canyon become a national
- Lincoln Logs were invented by Frank Lloyd Wright's
- It is a myth that chocolate causes acne.
- Elephants can't jump.
- What was the first company to sell a DVD player in
the USA? Sony
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- What is calcium carbonate normally known as? Chalk
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Where did Robin Hood live? Nottingham
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with
orange, purple, silver, or month.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both
- Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he
doesn't wear pants.
- No piece of dry paper can be folded in half more than
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough
leather for a year's supply of footballs.
- What are Cinderella's wicked stepsisters names?
Drizella and Anastasia
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified
- The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the
army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
- When did milk delivery to homes begin? 1942
- At room temperature, an apple will ripen 6-10 times
faster than in the refrigerator.
- In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs.
- Giraffes have no vocal chords.
- Alexander the Great was an epileptic.
- What sort of creature is a bustard? A bird
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Christmas became a national holiday in America on
June, 26, 1870.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- At the first Thanksgiving dinner Lobster was one of
the main entrees.
- Which animal produces the biggest baby? Blue Whale
- Amelia Earhart's mother was the first woman to climb
Pikes Peak in Colorado in 1890.
- The fingerprints of koala bears are almost
indistinguishable from those of humans.
- George Washington was the only president never to
live in the White House, nor did he ever live in Washington, DC.
- There weren't any ponies in the Pony Express, only
- It takes about 400 cacao beans to create 1 lb of
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used
- Contrary to urban legend, tests show that a duck's
quack does echo.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from
back in the days when the fire engines were pulled by horses. The
horses could walk up straight staircases, so they made them circular.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on
"Leave It To Beaver".
- The Earth weighs around
- What politician is credited with popularizing the
phrase "information superhighway"? Al Gore.
- What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield
wipers, and laser printers all have in common? They were all invented
- If you stretch a standard Slinky out flat it measures
87 feet long.